Praises to God for allowing us to continue to serve our folks in Haiti for another year!
• We sponsored two VBS programs this summer where over 100 children heard the gospel message and were fed a good meal each day.
• Our medical outreach continues with many people receiving medicines and care for diseases, gunshot wounds, asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, eye glasses, etc.
• Several feeding programs were held in various neighborhoods where malnutrition is a chronic problem.
• Several children have been sponsored to attend school.
• We invested in a community garden that feeds people fresh vegetables and fruits they cannot afford to buy. Right now, we’re renting the land with hopes to purchase it one day soon.
• Our school in Cite Soleil is still up and running with profits from Haiti Works providing money for the teachers who are working without a regular paycheck. We continue to pray for this school. Due to the gang violence in the area its difficult to have a regular schedule for classes.
• Several children and adults are suffering from PTSD because they’ve been in the middle of the violence and many have been driven from their homes with nothing except the clothes they are wearing.
• We have a new, small orphanage that we are sponsoring.
• Our current orphanage of 35 children was forced to leave their home in September and remain in another location because of gangs. Please pray for their safety and for the children to return home soon.