Saturday, February 5, 2011

Corodina"s Faith

Last July I visited our church plant at Gihara/Kigina, Rwanda. After a great ceremony to celebrate the first service in the new building, and the preaching of God's Word, I asked if anyone needed prayer. It has become my practice to pray for each person individually based on their specific need or request.

Several people came forward. Some to repent and receive Christ, others for strength, and some for healing. Corodina was one of the women that Pastor Augustin and I prayed for that day.

I met Corodina again while at Gihara/Kigina just a few weeks ago. Here is her testimony.

"Before you came to Umudugudu wa Kagina (Village of Kigina) I had a very terrible pain in my leg. It was so bad that I thought that I was going to die. It would not go away. It was a big illness. I went to witches and doctors to help me. They all said go home with your money and die. We cannot help you.

When death was ready to kill me the people of God came to my village and prayed for me. Now I don't have any problems. Thanks God I had an illness that could kill me but now I am alive!

Thank you. Praise God!"

Here is Corodina's testimony in her own words. (Interpreted by Olivia, the first member of the church at Gihara/Kigina.)



There was a time, not to long ago, when Corodina did not believe in God. She did not go to church. She believed in witchcraft.

Now she is saved by grace and she has been healed by faith.

Corodina is an active member of the church at Gihara/Kigina, Rwanda planted by howFar Ministries in 2008. She is now the cook for the church and our new school, Crimson Academy.
"Is anyone among you suffering? Then he must pray. Is anyone cheerful? He is to sing praises. Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him. Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much."
James 5:13-16

No comments:

Post a Comment